We’re seeking an incredible Product Manager who is looking for a challenge as you’ll help shape the product roadmap for Signal's most important global business partnership. As the exclusive Japan market distributor of Signal’s Open Data Platform, and one of the most trafficked destinations in Japan, this key partnership delivers Signal’s software to thousands of Japanese brands and agencies.
We are looking for someone who is charismatic, results oriented and passionate about the AdTech landscape that can nurture, grow and develop products to support this key piece of business. We want someone that can ensure we meet objectives, demonstrate strategic thinking and build deep relationships with one of Signal’s largest global customers. In this position you will be a mission critical member of the Signal Product Team, reporting to the Head of Product.
- Experience in AdTech with a solid understanding of DMPs, segmentation or media activation is a must. The ability to speak Japanese is a plus.
- Signal envisions a more agile online world built on continuous innovation. If joining our team excites you, keep reading.
- So, what would you be doing?
- Be the main point of contact for all things for this partnership that come into our Chicago Headquarters.
- Help to lead the account and play an essential leadership role: organize projects, monitor workflow and effectively resolve issues.
- Form a close working partnership with the Signal support team based in Japan as well as the client team itself.
- Engage with key influencers and decision makers across different teams and stakeholders in Chicago to accomplish our client goals.
- Build a product roadmap via advanced usage of our platform by providing strategic guidance on use cases. You’ll also gather requirements, understand user specifications that can help influence Signal outside of this client alone.
- Collaborate with Signal’s technical support, project management, and marketing teams to execute against our product development roadmap, bring new features & functionality to market, and provide superior customer support.
- Suggest and develop processes and services to improve operational efficiency between both organizations.
- Help organize critical planning meetings, status updates, business reviews and other communications.
- Be an advocate for providing the best partner experience possible.
- Be an expert in digital marketing trends, stay informed of data-driven marketing news, emerging technologies and competitor offerings.
What do we need from you?
- 7+ years working in the online advertising/marketing space (DMP/DSP/ESP/RTB/Attribution/Ad Servers) in a Project Management role.
- Experience working deep within a media technology or platform.
- Amazing written and verbal communication skills. You love to lead meetings where you can influence others.
- You know your audience and can communicate appropriately; effectively translating technical ideas to non-technical people and vice versa.
- Full life-cycle experience. You’ve done it all from product concept to development, go-to market and handling scale/growth.
- You are both strategic and technically minded. You love evaluating things from a high level but have a technical curiosity that gives you an edge over your peers.
- Be a proven relationship builder. You have excellent people skills, are a natural leader, and have experience consulting and influencing customers, up to the executive level.
- Highly motivated, self-sufficient and able to operate autonomously. You demonstrate the ability to launch initiative, take ownership and follow through.
- Detail oriented. You have a keen eye for detail and care deeply about consistency.
- Willingness to travel, perhaps up to 4 times a year to Japan, and to frequently work odd hours due to time differences.
You speak and write Japanese and have experience working directly and extensively with overseas companies or accounts, preferably in APAC. You have a curiosity for other cultures and countries. You love to travel and learn.
Outside the obviousness of the job, like all Signalites you fall in love with new ideas, can’t stop learning, and are a pretty nice person on top of all of it. You get that even the most fun kind of work is work, consider putting in the hours an obvious necessity, and easily deal with change. You think well beyond what’s asked of you, live and breathe the minutiae of the work.
What’s in it for you:
You will work with others who value culture and treating one another like adults. To support this we offer a competitive salary/bonus with great benefits, like: unlimited PTO, 401k, health/dental/vision, STD/LTD, snacks, parental leave, Hack Weeks, great colleagues.
How to apply:
Interested? Well, send your resume via the link below. The company and team we’re building is important to us, so include a note explaining what you’ve been doing and why you’d make a great addition to our team. Be yourself. We will only respond to people who meet qualifications and on whom we develop a professional crush.
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Information
Individuals seeking employment at Signal are considered without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or veteran status.