Signal is seeking a super smart (numbers and ideas are equally compelling), preternaturally organized and driven type to fill an important role on our Finance Team, as a Director of Finance Operations. Our future Signalite has at least five years of experience in helping to build out a financial & operational infrastructure and relishes a role that focuses on strategic planning, budgeting, forecasting and analytical activities across the company on a global scale.
If this sounds like you, keep reading.
So, what would you be doing?
- Reporting to our VP, Finance Operations, you will help develop the business planning and analysis process for the company including the development and refinement of the Company’s core business unit(s) reporting & analysis, and review and assess KPI metrics.
- Play a central part in the financial and operational analysis & execution of the operating plan
- Implement systems, processes, and controls that enable financial discipline and produce the timely, reliable and accurate information we need to make great decisions.
- Responsible for the day-to-day revenue and operational activities and analysis for our core Enterprise business. This includes the monthly preparation and delivery of monthly management analysis packages and other core deliverables to upper management.
- Work with senior leadership on yearly planning and budgeting process and develop key operating metrics.
- Research, develop, and measure key operating metrics across all departments including Sales, Marketing, Client Services, Infrastructure, Product, etc.
What do we need from you?
- Experience. This means 5-7 years of experience in the accounting/finance space with at least 2-3 years of experience in financial planning and analysis background.
- Education. BA/BS in Accounting or related field.
- Experience working in a SaaS company is a must.
- Having a CPA is preferred but having solid understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), financial operational reporting and analysis is a must.
- You are an expert in budgeting, planning and reporting from a global perspective. Current and former coworkers speak of your abilities in hushed, reverential tones.
- Amazing organizational abilities. You keep track of tight deadlines with lots of moving parts and still have presence of mind to have fun along the way.
- The ability to not only embrace the crazy but take it as a challenge to make things better. Be proactive; a thought leader in innovating new ways to measure and create robust metrics and reports that adds value to the business
- The ability to take the initiative, develop new ways to report performance and expand visibility of the results of the business to senior management.
- You are equally adept at crunching numbers as you are at expressing your ideas through presentations and written communication. Let’s just say you know your way around Excel and MS PowerPoint or some other presentation software. Being skilled with Microsoft BI is a plus.
- Strong knowledge and experience with managing and tracking revenue pipeline such as Salesforce or any other pipeline tool software.
- A willingness to do pretty much anything to make things happen. You have the knack for getting everything in writing and the presence of mind to charm others while doing so. You get that even the most fun kind of work involves work, are willing to put in the hours, and love a well thought out spreadsheet. You’re tenacious as they come, oh, and you’re a pretty nice person on top of it all.
Outside the obviousness of the job, like all Signalites you fall in love with new ideas, can’t stop learning, and are a pretty nice person on top of all of it. You get that even the most fun kind of work is work, consider putting in the hours an obvious necessity, and easily deal with change. You think well beyond what’s asked of you, live and breathe the minutiae of the work.
What’s in it for you:
You will work with others who value culture and treating one another like adults. To support this we offer a competitive salary/bonus with great benefits, like: unlimited PTO, 401k, health/dental/vision, STD/LTD, snacks, parental leave, Hack Weeks, great colleagues.
How to apply:
Interested? Well, send your resume via the link below. The company and team we’re building is important to us, so include a note explaining what you’ve been doing and why you’d make a great addition to our team. Be yourself. We will only respond to people who meet qualifications and on whom we develop a professional crush.
Signal is the first and only Customer Identity Solution for the enterprise. Signal’s platform offers an independent identity solution for brands that transforms the customer experience by connecting an always-active profile to customer engagements across all human, physical, and digital touchpoints.
Today, Signal’s technology runs on more than 45,000 digital properties in 158 countries. The platform facilitates billions of data requests monthly, supporting top brands around the world that generate more than $1.5 trillion in commerce, including Allstate, Audi, Crate & Barrel, JetBlue Airways, Starcom MediaVest Group, Starwood Hotels and Resorts, and many more.
Signal has been recognized with numerous awards and honors, including being named one of the fastest growing companies on the 2015, 2016, & 2017 Inc. 500 lists. Visit www.signal.co to learn more and follow Signal on LinkedIn, YouTube and Twitter.
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Information
Individuals seeking employment at Signal are considered without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or veteran status.